Barcelona Customized Internships (6 - 12 Weeks)
Would you like to gain real work experience in your field while living in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe? With Barcelona SAE, you can work at an international organization in Barcelona, improve your Spanish, and immerse yourself in the local culture all while boosting your resume!Get Started
Barcelona Customized Internships (6 - 12 Weeks)
You know when you keep searching for the perfect item and just can't quite find the one that?s right for you? What if you could just create it? With Barcelona SAE, you can! Not too often does developing yourself professionally get to be so much fun, but with an internship directly related to your major and interests, it won't even feel like work. Whether you are just a few semesters into your college years or a recent graduate that has seenmust have experience? in job descriptions a few too many times, an internship abroad is just the boost you need. Barcelona SAE will work with you to find an internship that fits your experience and aspirations. You can come away with a Certificate of Completion, a recommendation letter for a job well done, international experience, and some Spanish under your belt.
10 Reasons To Do An Internship in Barcelona
- Work Life Balance! Work weeks are typically Monday through Thursday so you will have plenty of time to adventure through Spain and even the rest of Europe on your long weekends
- Enjoy a flexible work schedules of around 20 hours a week
- They?re for everyone! Whether you?re currently in school or a recent graduate, you need real world experience to advance your career, and our interns have worked in fields like: Journalism, Art, Marketing, Political Science, and many more
- Learn Spanish which will also help set you apart when applying for jobs and open doors both professionally and personally
- Create a professional network on a global scale
- Learn new and innovative ways of approaching issues and problem solving in your future profession
- Take your lunch break in the Mediterranean sun and spend days off exploring a city with more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than any other
- You won't be alone! Our interns receive professional mentorship on how to be successful during your internship in Barcelona as well as how to use your experience back home
- Have tangible results to show future employers and professors at your home university each intern will complete a final project based on their responsibilities
- Do real work and gain useful experience you won't fly across the ocean just to get coffee and make copies we want you to feel like a valued employee
Barcelona SAE offers customizable placements in the following fields:
- Art & Architecture
- Culinary Arts
- Event Planning
- Government & Politics
- Health & Fitness
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information Technology
- Public Relations
Our Fall 2015 Barcelona Internship dates have been set! During the year, arrivals are flexible but typically always start on a Monday (unless it's a holiday in Barcelona).
Fall 2015 Suggested Start Days
- September 1, 2015 (6-12 Weeks)
- September 14, 2015 (6-12 Weeks)
- October 5, 2015 (6-10 Weeks)
- November 2, 2015 (6 Weeks)
You can determine your departure date by counting out the length of your internship (i.e. 6, 8, 10, 12 weeks), and plan on departing on the SATURDAY before the week is up. Please note that internships are not available in August, and in the event that a student is unable to start their internship on a suggested day, we're willing to be flexible. Please contact your advisor if you have a conflict with the suggested dates.
When you arrive in Barcelona, you will be met at the airport by a Barcelona SAE staff member who will escort you to your living arrangements. During the ride to your new home, we start your orientation to Barcelona and to the internship program so no time is wasted in helping you to feel comfortable. During the first few days, you will meet your internship supervisor to get an overview of what projects you will work on, receive an introduction to the organization and familiarize yourself with the surroundings. Depending on the internship placement and the duration, you may only focus on Spanish during the first week, or you may jump right into the internship placement. Once you begin your intensive Spanish language classes, you'll get to meet other international students, and start improving your language skills.
Intensive Spanish Classes
To give a jump-start to your Spanish speaking abilities, an internship program of 8 weeks or longer includes two full weeks of intensive Spanish language classes. An internship program of 6-8 weeks includes one full week of intensive Spanish language classes.
Students spend approximately 20 hours per week in their internship placement, usually from Monday Thursday, leaving Friday as a day for cultural integration, internship workshops with Barcelona SAE staff, or free travel days.
Outside the Internship
Interns participate in several cultural activities aimed at providing an overall view of the culture outside of the work place. These activities take advantage of Barcelona as a living classroom and encourage integration.
Depending on the duration of the internship placement, there may be optional excursions that you can choose to join to exciting locations outside of Barcelona.
Cost and What's Included
Not only does Barcelona SAE find you an internship, we help you sell yourself with our unique workshop:How to use your internship experience to land your dream job.? Additionally, you get cultural activities, 24-hour staff support, and so much more with the Barcelona experts!
BARCELONA SAE INTERNSHIP PRICING
September - April 2015 Start Date
- 6 weeks: $5,275
- 8 weeks: $6,075
- 10 weeks: $6,675
- 12 weeks: $7,175
May - June 2015 Start Date
- 6 weeks: $4,775
- 8 weeks: $5,575
- 10 weeks: $6,175
- 12 weeks: $6,6175
You may customize your internship duration beyond the options listed here, so please inquire with a Barcelona SAE advisor about internships lasting longer than 12 weeks.
Our 3 Step Application Process
Complete your online application form
BSAE Program advisors will contact you with more information
Prepare for the study abroad experience of a lifetime
My Barcelona Experience
Read about past participant experiences. View all stories here
What was your favorite tour, day trip, or cultural activity? Why?
My favorite day trip was the cava tasting and Sitges. I've never been more relaxed in my life, and I got to learn stuff.
Want to hear more about Katy's Barcelona Experience?Read More