The Choice for Barcelona!
Thinking about studying or interning in Barcelona, Spain? Well, your search is over! The team at Barcelona SAE has taken years to perfect their knowledge and become the experts in Barcelona study and intern abroad. Our exclusive focus on Barcelona gives us the tools to blend together an enriching cultural, academic and professional experience that sets our program apart from the rest.
So, what sets Barcelona SAE apart?
- We are Barcelona’s Study Abroad, Internship, and Customized Program Experts! For students who have their heart set on studying or interning in this beautiful city, we are THE absolute best choice for Barcelona!
- We are among the most affordable programs in Barcelona, with the most included! This means that the price is right, while maintaining quality programming.
- Both our US and Barcelona based staff ensures that each student fully integrates in the manner that they desire in Barcelona. We provide 100% support – all the way from initial interest to after the student returns home. Time and time again, our students always say how much they loved the personalized and customized feel that our programs provide.
- We offer a huge variety of organized weekly cultural activities such as cooking classes, salsa lessons, flamenco shows, guided barrio (neighborhood) tours, intercambios (language exchanges), diversity scavenger hunts, and more!
- We explore Catalonia and Spain through multiple day trips and weekend excursions to cities such as magnificent Madrid, beautiful Costa Brava, or reinvented Valencia.
- We focus on full cultural and language immersion by offering homestays, language exchange partners, and countless opportunities for our students to see the real Barcelona through a localized perspective.
- The Health & Safety of our students is always Barcelona SAE’s top priority, with a comprehensive Risk Management plan and 24/7/365 Support.
High Quality Academics
- We are focused on providing top-tier academics with courses offered in areas such as: Art, Business, Culture and History, Entrepreneurship, Humanities, Language, Legal Studies, Political Science…and so much more!
- Our students have the opportunity to take their courses in Spanish or English, with Spanish Language courses available for all levels – from beginner to native or fluent speakers!
- Our students also enjoy easy access to WiFi, computers, and extensive academic support.
- We partner with five of the absolute best institutions in Barcelona, which allows us to match students’ and universities’ needs.
Official Transcripts and Credits are Provided By:
- Barcelona School for International Studies* (SIS)
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- Universitat de Barcelona (UB)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- Instituto Europeo de Diseño (IED)
- Plymouth State University (Customized Internships)
*The transcript is issued and accredited by Jacksonville University in Florida.
We offer Customized Internships in a variety of fields, numerous start dates, and for durations ranging from 4-12 weeks. Spanish and English Placements are available.
Our Customized Internship components have all been carefully constructed to expose our students to the true business culture of Spain.
The “Barce-Local Curriculum” Outside the Classroom
The team at Barcelona SAE are the go-to-locals with years of experience in Barcelona and international education, and we’ve devoted ourselves to sharing the city’s hidden gems with our students.
- We have developed a “Barcelona Bucket List” initiative that encourages our students to make the city their classroom and live the experience the true colors of Barcelona.
- We encourage full cultural immersion by challenging our students to EXPLORE, DISCOVER, EXPERIENCE and LEARN to fall in love with one of the greatest cities in the world.
- Some Barcelona Bucket List Activities Include:
- Experience Barrio Culture: Dance with a Local during the Neighborhood Festivals.
- Discover Nature: Hike in Montseny National Park.
- Absorb Barcelona: Find the hidden gardens behind the Palau Robert.
We offer programs that meet the academic and professional needs of each student and their home institution, including:
- One Academic Year (24-30 Credits)
- Semester/Quarter Programs (12-16 Weeks, 12-15 Credits)
- Summer Sessions (3-8 Weeks, 3-12 Credits)
- J-Term Sessions (3 Weeks, 3 Credits)
- Customized Internships (4-12 Weeks, 3-12 Credits)
But…don’t just take our word for it.
Check out the My Barcelona Experience section of this website to hear from our alumni, or watch this quick video to see why studying or interning abroad through Barcelona SAE has been so life-changing for many of our students.