Join Our Team and Love Your Job!
The mission of Barcelona SAE is to provide superior quality study and intern abroad options in Barcelona that incorporate a strong intercultural element for our students. All aspects of our programs incorporate experiential learning and cultural immersion in order to open the eyes of the next generation of leaders to a global world. It is our hope to attract staff members committed to these same goals.
Although we generally post our job openings below, we also encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn to receive notification of current and future postings!
Thanks for your interest in joining our team! We are currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
Updated September 2017
Barcelona Based Positions
- Bookkeeper, Accounting Assistant (1 Position, Barcelona, 1 year contract – Start date ASAP)
Please note that, for all Barcelona based positions, you must already have legal permission to work in Spain.
United States Based Positions
- None at this time
- International Education Intern (2 Positions, U.S. and Barcelona, Temporary, 6 Months – Start date of September 2018)
List of HR Benefits
At Barcelona SAE, we believe that creating the Barcelona experience of a lifetime offers students the best chance to realize their potential and change their world. You’re a big part of that! While it’s life-enriching to work with an organization that is working to change the world through the students that we work with, it’s even more fantastic to work with an organization that believes in offering you a fun, challenging, and beneficial environment. We believe that compensation is more than just your paycheck as it’s all the other benefits that come together to support you.
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick time & vacation leave
- International and domestic travel opportunities
- Extensive training and professional development
- Flexible and fun work environment
Additional benefits for United States based full-time staff:
- Company-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
- Medical and dependent care flex-spending account
- Parental leave
- Wellness program
- 401k retirement plan after 1 year of employment with fully-vested company match
- Dog friendly office
What can you expect when you apply for a position?
- Please follow our application instructions carefully…and if you want the position, show it! Get creative and show us why we need you on our team!
- When reviewing applications, we look for experience, skills, education, personality, alignment with the position’s needs, potential for growth, and culture fit within our company.
- If we feel you’re a good fit for Barcelona SAE, we’ll reach out to you to schedule an initial Skype interview.
- Then comes the hard part – picking the best candidate for the position. We want us to work well together for a long time to come, so it’s a decision we take very seriously. Best of luck!
Living in Northampton
- In a region famous for its charming college towns, you’d be hard-pressed to find anything more appealing than the crooked streets of downtown Northampton (affectionately called NoHo). Old red-brick buildings, buskers and lots of pedestrian traffic provide a lively backdrop as you wander into cafes, music venues and bookstores. Move a few steps outside of the picturesque commercial center and you’ll stumble onto the bucolic grounds of Smith College.
- The presence of college students and their professors gives the town a distinctly liberal political atmosphere. The lesbian community is famously large and outspoken, making Northampton a favorite destination for the gay community.
- The center of town is at the intersection of Main St (MA 9) and Pleasant St (US 5). Main St is where you’ll find the core of restaurants and shops. Smith College is on the west end of town, where Main St curves right and turns into Elm St. That’s where you’ll find our office building.
Living in Barcelona
- Barcelona, the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region, is known for its art and architecture. Art is EVERYWHERE from Picasso and Miro, to street art…we can’t get enough!
- The works of Gaudi will blow you away. You could visit the Sagrada Familia 100 times and still see something new.
- History meets modern day in this city that is over 2,000 years old. Where else are you going to find a Roman wall as the backdrop to an electronic music festival?!
- The city is walkable so you won’t miss your car – it is best enjoyed by foot.
- Multi-cultural and multi-lingual, you’ll be amazed at the talented and creative people you’ll meet that makes this city SO vibrant!
Barcelona SAE provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or physical or mental disability. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, placement, promotion, salary determination, and all other conditions of employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and/or Spain and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document upon hire.