Use Your Financial Aid Towards Your Program!
At Barcelona SAE, we believe that study abroad should be affordable and accessible to ALL students. In addition to our low program costs, Barcelona SAE works with your home institution to accept most forms of financial aid…and we also have a wide variety of scholarships to help you bring your costs down even further!
The state and federal financial aid that you apply at your home institution can often be applied to your study abroad program, including: Parent PLUS Loans, Stafford Loans, Pell Grants, and many more. You will need to confirm with both your study abroad and financial aid advisors that the aid that you are eligible for can be used for a Barcelona SAE program, and we’ll work with you and your home institution to make the payment process as smooth as possible.
Barcelona SAE is the leading study abroad and internship provider in Barcelona, and we provide low cost programming without sacrificing quality. All of our programs include exceptional advising services, a myriad of onsite cultural immersion activities and excursions, combined with top-notch academics and living arrangements. We’re among one of the most affordable programs in Barcelona, with the most included…which means you won’t find a better program in Barcelona at a lower price!
Financial Aid FAQ's
Is it possible to apply all types of financial aid to my Barcelona SAE program?
The amount of aid that you can apply towards your Barcelona SAE program varies greatly from one institution to another. Please talk with your financial aid office at your institution to determine which aid may be applied towards your study abroad program fee.
How do I pay my invoice while I am overseas?
You must make arrangements for payment of your bill BEFORE you depart the United States. Failure to meet financial deadlines and submit corresponding financial forms prior to departure may result in withdrawal from the program.
How much does my program cost?
Please visit our Dates and Costs to see all of our program dates and prices. Remember that this pricing is pretty much a package deal, and includes your tuition or internship placement, housing for duration of the program, insurance, cultural activities, staff mentor, weekly cultural agenda…and more! The only things you need to consider outside of your program costs are for food and personal expenses, as well as your roundtrip ticket to Barcelona.
How much will my additional expenses be in Barcelona?
It totally depends on your living arrangements and personal spending habits – are you a Frugal Fernando, Average Alejandro, or Extravagant Elisa? Depending on your housing option, you may spend more on food if you are cooking for yourself each day than if you are in a homestay. Also, depending on your weekly spending habits and desire to travel outside of Barcelona, your additional expenses can vary greatly.
Do you have any recommendations on how to raise money for my program?
Before you say “I can’t afford to head to Barcelona,” there are so many options you can explore…such as reaching out to friends and family via social platforms. We’ve compiled a list of creative ways that our Barcelona SAE students have raised money to fund their experience in the past:
- Use a crowd sourcing platform such as FundMyTravel or Plumfund.
- Start a blog platform and send to friends and family, making sure to add a PayPal donation button!
- Ask for donations in small increments like $20, $50, and $100…but note that even if you contribute $1 you are one step closer to living your dream!
- Is your family connected to a congregation? If so, reach out to your religious community.
- Do you have a mentor in your life from high school? A family you babysat for when you were young? Door to door marketing in your neighborhood? Network your name and your life changing mission!
- Contact a small business in your town, travel agency, someone who could benefit from having first-hand experience and resources…or perhaps you can write for your local paper!
- Gather with your friends who are going with you (remember our Bring a Friend Discount!), and have a silent auction.
- Are you a talented artists? Start an etsy store, or create a store on Facebook.
- Clear your clutter and earn money! Downsize your closet, jewelry, etc.
- Pick up short-term projects that pay cash, such as painting, yardwork, house cleaning, personal chef, or organizer.
- Work during the holidays at a retailer when you are home on break.
Barcelona SAE Refund Policy
Please review our terms and conditions for complete information regarding the Barcelona SAE refund policy.
Fund Your Barcelona Experience
If you are ready and excited to start planning your trip, but discouraged by a financial road block, Barcelona SAE has another solution for you. We have teamed up with FundMyTravel, who provides us with an online platform where you can fund-raise for your meaningful travel experience. You create a campaign page, complete a brief profile to build trust, add a video and tell your story!
FundMyTravel has a team of dedicated staff who want to help Barcelona SAE participants reach their fundraising goals. They can provide tips and insights on the best ways to spread your word and offer sharing tools to get your campaign greater exposure through social media and email. Click the button below to learn more and get started!